Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 69 – There they bought half-a-dozen, very organic, freshly-laid eggs (Pg 5)


Last night I looked after my two little cousins while my Aunt and Uncle went out for dinner. Thus to both keep them entertained and knock a book off the list I took the book Musgrove and the Easter Eggs by Ilona Rodgers to read to them. The illustrations are quite lovely, the story however is a little odd and the font that it is written in is very difficult to decipher. As far as I can tell, Musgrove is a series of books that seem to be well known in the UK. There was one part we all liked and weren’t expecting, however it doesn't cut it as a children’s classic.


We then read Boo to a Goose by Mem Fox and Blossom Possum – The sky is falling down-under by Gina Newton which were both an absolute delight. Pages filled with fun, full of energy and tongue twisters, entertaining to both audience and reader, yes I am just a big kid a heart.


Being a big kid at heart is probably why I feel like all the fun and happiness has been zapped out of me by a day of mind numbing temp work. Sitting in front of a computer screen for 7hrs straight having to type out information written by people without ½ a brain and having to constantly resist the urge to correct grammar and spelling. Yes we all make spelling and grammar mistakes, however if you are submitting an application for an award, do you think you might check first that the spelling and grammar is correct?? Hmm??

Can't read... too tired, I am amazed I could sit in front of the computer to blog.

216 days remaining, 29 books to go (thank goodness for children’s books)

No comments:

Post a Comment