Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 324 – After that I took out a book and pretended to read (pg 177)


Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris wasn’t a bad book to end on. I liked it much more than Coastliners. The story and characters had much more complexity and didn’t feel like they had just been thrown together.

Overall it’s quite a sad story, told with flashbacks to German occupied France. Interestingly all tied together by a recipe book with diary entries scribbled in the margins. I really liked the characters too, thank goodness.

Not my favourite book of the 38 I have read over the past 325 days, but I’m glad it wasn’t painfully horrible like some.

‘I know what you’re thinking. You wish I’d get on with the story.’ pg 16

0 books remaining, 0 books to go!! WHoooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment