Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 321 – Pausing to survey the shelves and the books available (pg 150)


Surprise, Love Bites by Lynsay Sands was not as bad as I was expecting. Judging by the cover (a big no no of course) the title and the androgenous author, I was expecting the worst.

I feel my lowered expectations helped to raise my esteem for this book. While I'm not about to go overboard with praise, it was nice not to be thinking ‘oh brother’ every time I turned a page. It was also nice to be reading a book obviously not aimed at the tween market.

Extremely raunchy, even more so than RSVP, it is a book for an audience who isn’t quite me. I did like however, that the topic of ‘vampires’, was actually dealt with in a way I had never encountered before. An interesting take on an old legend.

4 days remaining, 3 books to go

No comments:

Post a Comment