Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 125 - Reading those birthday and Christmas books we never got round to reading (Pg 471)


I found A Spot of Bother to be rather enjoyable. There are some parts that are a little graphic and not quite so amusing (mainly the character George performing surgery on himself using scissors) but all in all, it’s an entertaining read about just how mad families can be.

I don’t often say this about books, however I can really see this as a film. It’s English, and the Brits do this type of humour very well. I couldn’t find anything through google about plans for a film, however I think it would be very remiss of the British Film Industry to let this gem pass them by. Perhaps I should buy the film rights from Mark Haddon as an investment... hmmm don't you go stealing my idea now...

159 days remaining, 22 books to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment