Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 311 – I picked up one of my books, smoothing the crumpled pages (pg 108)


Coastliners by Joanne Harris is yet another story set within a small island community. Little did I realise when I began this task, that I had somehow gathered together a group of island tales.

This time the story is set on a French Island (as opposed to a Greek island).

Perhaps I am being a little biased, however this island fails to exude the charm or deliver the varied and fantastic characters that inhabited the islands in Captain Corelli’s Mandolin and My Family and Other Animals.

It is nicely written and a very easy read, nothing terribly life changing or out of the ordinary though. Not a book I would recommend anyone go out of their way to read.

14 days remaining, 5 books to go

No comments:

Post a Comment