Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 207 - I fancied a look at some pregnancy and child-care books, but I discovered most of them are absolutely shocking (pg 136)

Oh holy whoops. I am very very very behind in my reading and it’s now going to be an epic effort to find myself at the finish line victorious.

Two books have been added and completed in this time; What to Expect When You’re Expecting by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel and Up The Duff by Kaz Cooke.

Why have these books been added? Well surely that is quite obvious?! I am both up the duff and expecting a small thing at the beginning of February next year. I am also currently planning my wedding for October this year and will be on my honeymoon in Tasmania when the deadline comes to pass...

Now while I have also borrowed other books from the library on the topic of pregnancy, I have found it best just to stick to the two mentioned above. They are brilliant books.
What to Expect when You’re Expecting is a good reference book, you can quickly look up what is going on if your hair suddenly turns blue or you start doing the nut bush uncontrollably (these are not official symptoms of pregnancy , I am merely saving those who are reading a blog about books and not one about pregnancy from the ups and downs and ins and outs of it all.)

Up The Duff is also extremely informative with multitudes of humour thrown in for good measure. This helps a lot when one finds oneself in such a condition as this. It is very easy to read and my future husband has even been found to be perusing the pages week by week keeping tabs on our baby’s development. The quote above is taken from Up The Duff. I would highly recommend both if you in fact require such books as these.

74 days remaining, 19 books to go (oh my)

No comments:

Post a Comment