Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 321 – The family bookworm, her father called her (pg 70)


Once again I may not have been blogging, but I sure have been reading.

Dirt Music by Tim Winton, I went with it, although I wasn’t sure where it was going nor why it took me where it did. I liked it in parts, however was not tremendously overwhelmed by the story.

Yet another book where I didn’t like any of the characters, seems to be in vouge these days. Perhaps if you could class the setting as a character, I’ll admit to liking the nicer portrayal of Australia. The story being based in a fictional Western Australia fishing town.

A best seller, an award winning author... still I wasn’t enthralled. It’s not that I don’t like books that are popular with critics. I loved The Life of Pi, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, Vanity Fair and many others that are ‘must reads’. I suppose it is important to remember that like there are differing tastes in music, so too there are differing tastes in literature.

4 days remaining, 4 books to go

No comments:

Post a Comment