Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 257 – and raced voraciously through Hortense’s small and eclectic library (pg 342)


I am positive that White Teeth by Zadie Smith has a poignant and thought provoking message. I unfortunately failed to determine exactly what that message was.

Another book where I detested all of the characters. Just when I thought a character was going to change, that they were going to better themselves and become something different, their story disappears and I was moved on to another character.

I liked the way it was written, I enjoyed the tangled web that was woven, I just didn’t quite make it to the point.

The convergence of all the characters at the end, coming together for a single but disjointed purpose... it’s all there, I just wasn’t.

Perhaps one day, someone will explain to me what it was about, and I will say... “Ahhh”.

At this stage I will blame pregnant brain and move on with my life.

24 days remaining, 10 books to go

No comments:

Post a Comment