Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 57 – She remembered the lead ammunition ... "Your balls, Mr Darcy?" He reached out and closed her hand around them, and offered...

...“They belong to you, Miss Bennet.” (pg 234)

I have almost come to the end of
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and I am still somewhat disappointed. Remarks like the one above occur only rarely. I feel that changes from the original weren't completely committed to, and plot points like women and men being trained by Chinese or Japanese masters are completely befuddling. It is cleverly done yes, but there are things about it that just don't sit right with me.

The illustrations done by Roberto Parada are a nice little addition (see right). However they can be a little on the gruesome side!

In other news, I have been continuing on with my quest to become a real documentary filmmaker. Thanks to my father, I am helping out on a small community project, which is not only interesting, it also makes for great experience. I have also recently stumbled across the most amazing internship opportunity which I have unfortunately set my heart on. The application is being studiously worked upon, and once it is handed over, there is nothing left to do but hope.

227 days remaining, 18 books to go

No comments:

Post a Comment