Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 15 – It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye. (pg 68)


The Little Prince was written by French aviator Antoine de Saint-Exupéry in 1943. This copy was a Christmas gift from my sister Leigh. I chose it because my friend Jess told me this book held all the answers, to everything! It is a lovely book, traditionally touted as a children’s book, however it is quite philosophical and much like My Family and Other Animals, the message I took away from this story was to enjoy the little things and to be aware of the importance of what you have.

Tomorrow I will be attending my Grandpa’s 80th birthday party. When I called to wish him a happy birthday he said he couldn’t believe it, 80 years and it’s just flown by. I see my Grandpa as the type of person who enjoys the little things much like The Little Prince. He is also a gardener and an explorer like The Little Prince. I couldn’t have read this book at a better time.

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

265 days remaining, 18 books to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment