Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 49 – It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains (pg 13)


It’s Thursday, but I have had a bit of difficulty getting started this week. I feel like I have been on a lovely holiday after a birthday weekend filled with good company, good food and perfect weather, what more can a girl ask for? I did receive one book as a gift which will have to be read before the end date; The Fifth Mountain by Paulo Coelho. I also received a gift voucher for a bookshop, however I am doing my best to stay away!

I am a little disappointed with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. There are some very promising sections, where remarks that could never have been made outright in the original version, are brought out in stunning fashion. Comments such as “Engaged to stupid fat Mr Collins!” (and no he is not one of the living dead).

I have quite delighted in these liberties, however they are few and far between and most of the story tends to be everything in the original with some zombies thrown in for good measure and some quite grotesque images. This book has also prompted me to find out where the idea of zombies originated from, and it is a concept stemming from Afro-Caribbean Voodoo.

The days seem to be passing me by so quickly at the moment and I feel as though I am working hard merely to tread water. The pile of books does not seem to be going down, especially now that one has been added...

235 days remaining, 18 books to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment