Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 111 – Holding up a copy of The Naked Chef and a tin of Maisie Mouse pencils (pg 53)

I'm inspired, and very tired! I attended a lecture last night given by the Australian Directors Guild featuring 3 female documentary makers who achieved their goals against all odds. The financial rewards were non existent, in most cases the money didn't even cover the amount of work put in, and yet they completed what they set out to do and it was acknowledged by both national and even international audiences. Perhaps this is what I am aspiring to.

Lucy Paplinska - Alone in a Crowded Room
Charlotte Roseby – Still Breathing
Rhian Skirving – Rock & Roll Nerd

Somewhere in between working and reading, my social life, domestic duties and whatever else comes along, my goal is to make a documentary that is broadcast nationally, if it takes me 20 years to do it, so be it.

To the books now, and 65 pages into A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon I'm not quite swept away. I really enjoyed The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. Which is why when I saw A Spot of Bother sitting in an op shop, I picked it up. I’m ever hopeful that excitement and adventure lies waiting just over the page...

173 days remaining, 23 books to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment