Tuesday, March 6, 2012

E Readers


I am not going to review a book and an e reader at the same time, that's not fair. So I am just going to put in my two cents after reading a novel on an ipad using ibooks.

I am not a fan. I realise there are dedicated e readers that may be better and less cumbersome than the ipad, however I can only comment on my experience. The magical ipad kept loosing my place, I couldn't just throw it in my bag when I was going out, I had to make sure the jolly thing was charged all the time, and I know you can lock the screen, but it seemed a pain to constantly change the settings for one application.

I longed to be reading the story in a good old fashioned book. I wanted nothing better than to feel the cool rough pagers beneath my fingers, to hear the page turning, to earmark a page, to put in a bookmark and come back to it and see without question where I am up to.

I am even considering buying the book I read on the ipad in book form so I can have a tangible copy of it.

It is books for me, books as far as the eye can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment