Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 11 – So I went to choose a book from my shelves (pg 141)

This week has begun after a wonderful weekend, a weekend in which I'm afraid I didn’t read a word of the current book (I did manage however to digest a newspaper article or two). Sitting down with Travels with my Aunt this evening, feels much more like a chore than a joy. I believe I was quite spoilt with my first choice.

As I am reading, I've realised just how little attention I paid the first half of the book. I am taking a lot more in now, and wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my little vandal didn’t make it past the half way mark. It seems they too lost interest in the story, or found that even though they had no qualms in vandalising a book, they could not think of keeping it past the due date and incurring a fine.

The characters are interesting, but the settings are so confined and oppressive that after my adventures on the isle of Corfu, trips to Turkey where time is spent in musty rooms and jaunts to cemeteries in rural France are not helping my already darkened mood.

I have applied for 2 jobs this week, and even though it's only Monday, I have spent far too much time indoors in front of the computer, hiding from the stifling heat. Another highly frustrating addition is that my internet connection in this heat is so irritatingly intermittent it's likely to disconnect at any given moment. I fear I will soon go mad...

I have also discovered today, that my original countdown calculations (done online) used American dates, so until now I have been allowing myself an extra day and included the current day. Days remaining are now correct for Australian dates and do not include the current day. This means there are actually 269 Days remaining and still 20 books to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment